Friday, June 17, 2011

A Big Box of Veggies


Today I received a box of goodies from Moore Farms and Friends and I think Im gonna do something creative for tonight's dinner to integrate into the show. Looks like we have cabbage, purple, orange and yellow carrots, vidalia onions, potatoes, purple radishes, peaches (which I forgot to put in the picture) and a big purple beet!

Anyway, Im thinking of doing Chicken wings, a veggie bake with the onions carrots and potatoes, fried cabbage and either peach cobbler for dessert or make peach preserves for biscuits in the morning. I think I'll use the radish's on a salad for tomorrows lunch or do a veggie omelet with the biscuit in the morning. As far as the beet goes, Im stumped! Suggestions please!

Do you have any other ideas of what I can make with the veggies in this weeks box? I'll post pictures of the final result the day that the episode airs.

No comments:

Post a Comment